Make your own free website on Tripod.com
Davii Battles

  Waifs vs Davius

Since none of the parties involved minds me posting the log, here is what happened last night. The moral of this story is: never underestimate a waif. And with that, I bring you our story:

Davius says, "Quiet, wench."

Davius gestures at you.
Everything suddenly goes white for a moment as pain washes over your senses.
You are stunned!

Your mind hears Mellisandre thinking, "gracious, everyone seems to bore easily these days"

Your mind hears Flura thinking, "I can think of perhaps two that were mildly interesting lately. Davius and some..d'Sade fellow."

You say, "Mmm, pain. I'm quite familiar with it."

Your mind hears Trezivia thinking, "I'm not bored, I have too much fun harrassing Grel"

Your mind hears Davius thinking, "No, actually..this elf is pretty amusing.."

Davius grins at you.

Davius says, "So am I."

You wryly say, "I obviously sense a lot of it each day."

Your mind hears Mellisandre thinking, "good to hear you're amused, davius"

You look yourself over.

Davius says, "Although, I get it first hand."

Davius says, "..you get it second hand."

Davius smirks.

You ask, "You don't think I get it first hand?"

You chuckle to yourself.

You shake your head.

You say, "How wrong you are."

Davius says, "Besides, if I truly wished to cause you pain, it would not be this way."

Davius says, "..in fact..."

Davius grins.

Davius gestures.

Davius gestures.

Davius says, "Let's play."

Doomsayer Davius's group just went up.

[cut travel descriptions]

think Prepare yourself.
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

You smile at Davius.

You ask, "Shall we?"

Davius raises an eyebrow in your direction.

Your mind hears Mellisandre thinking, "urrm"

Your mind hears Trezivia thinking, "for what?"

Davius asks, "Shall we what?"

Waif Mellisandre's group just arrived.

Waif Mellisandre's group just went east.

You ask, "Play?"

Davius smirks.

Davius asks, "You and I?"

Davius smirks.

Davius asks, "What game do you propose we play?"

You say, "You are the one who suggested a game, I believe."

Davius says, "My game was to see how quickly I could make your sister scream."

You say, "Oh, yes. Your exact words were, "Let's play."

You ask, "You think YOU could make her scream?"

You laugh at Davius!

Davius says, "Scream or die."

Davius says, "Come, then. You can watch."

Davius gestures.

Davius gestures.

You say, "She's faced worse demons than you."

Davius says, "Nothing is worse then me."

You gaze at Davius.

You say, "Ahh, the arrogance again."

[cut more traveling]

Doomsayer Davius's group just went south.

[Northeast Wilds, Outside Northeast Gate]
You are before the Northeast Gate of the Crossing, surrounded by wayfarers and adventurers also in mid-journey. Whether they travel to destinations in town or farther west, or to the north and east, they all appear to be seeking something beyond themselves. You also see a white crow, a silvery tent, a small bench that is low to the ground, a leaning weathered roadsign, a hardened woven basket with a sturdy lid, a large firepit, a smooth timber bench, a very long bench that is sturdy and tall, a narrow footpath, and a bucket of viscous gloop.
Also here: Doomsayer Davius, Dark Phoenix Trezivia, Gadabout Theodoro who is sitting, and Envon. Obvious paths: north, east, southeast.

Davius searches around for a moment.

Theodoro says, "I don't really mind, but.."

Davius gestures.

Trezivia nods to Theodoro.

Davius smirks.

Doomsayer Davius's group just went north.

[cut more travel and Davius locating]

think Aye, your guess is correct, sister-mine.
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

You smirk.

[cut more travel descriptions and locates]

You mockingly ask, "What's the matter? Is she too quick for you to find?"

You bat your eyelashes.

Davius glances at you.

[cut to]

Waif Mellisandre's group just arrived.

Waif Mellisandre's group just went north.

You wince.

[and then to]

[Northern Trade Road, Wooded Valley]
You come upon a small clearing in the heavy woods that allows a view of the sky. A faint path can be made out that wanders into the trees, but it fades off before you can wonder about where it might lead. There is an unnerving quiet here, even the wind seems to have died. You feel a stranger in this wild place, perhaps an unwelcome stranger. You also see a faded roadsign.
Also here: Doomsayer Davius.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest.

Davius gestures.

Davius snarls.

Davius says, "Fine..if she hides.."

You gaze thoughtfully at Davius.

Davius says, "I guess I'll just have to amuse myself with you."

You coyly say, "Oh, but I bore you so."

Davius gestures at you.
Everything suddenly goes white for a moment as pain washes over your senses.
You are stunned!

Your mind hears Mellisandre thinking, "What is it you want, mage"

Davius gestures at you.
After a brief flare of pain, your senses go numb and you lose all muscular control.

Davius begins to advance on you!
Davius is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.

Your mind hears Davius thinking, "I'd recommend finding me."

Davius grows fierce looking and appears ready to brawl!

Davius closes to pole weapon range on you!

Davius grabs hold of you in a tight grip. You grip back!

Davius assesses his combat situation.

You shove at Davius but his grip remains solid.

Your mind hears Mellisandre thinking, "or what?"

Davius flings you around, spinning and throwing you completely off balance.

Davius assesses his combat situation.

You lick the tip of your finger and trace a sigil in the air, the design of the Heart Link spell showing just faintly enough for you to see.

Your mind hears Davius thinking, "Why don't you ask your sister..?"

Davius gazes intently at you.

cast dav
You're unconscious!

Davius glances at you.

Davius gestures at you.
After a brief flare of pain, your senses go numb and you lose all muscular control.
You have lost the spell you were preparing.

You lick the tip of your finger and trace a sigil in the air, the design of the Heart Link spell showing just faintly enough for you to see.

Davius glances at you.

Davius gazes intently at you.

You shove at Davius but his grip remains solid.

You gesture at Davius.
You link your heart's rhythm to Davius, and feel his heart shudder as its natural beat is forced to match your own.

Davius glances at you.

Davius snickers.

Your heart continues its slow, steady rhythm.

You quietly say, "Do what you want, Mage? My heart is now linked to yours."

Your heart continues its slow, steady rhythm.

You lick the tip of your finger and trace a sigil in the air, the design of the Aesandry Darlaeth spell showing just faintly enough for you to see.

Your heart continues its slow, steady rhythm.

Davius grins.

Davius gazes intently at you.

Davius asks, "...and?"

Your heart continues its slow, steady rhythm.

Davius gazes intently at you.

You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.

Your heart continues its slow, steady rhythm.

Davius gazes intently at you.

You gesture.
You feel your muscles start to burn, and you are filled with great energy and confidence.

You shove at Davius but his grip remains solid.

Your heart continues its slow, steady rhythm.

Your muscles continue to burn, but you feel your energy diminish.

You shove at Davius but his grip remains solid.

Davius gazes intently at you.

You shove at Davius but his grip remains solid.

Your heart continues its slow, steady rhythm.

Your muscles continue to burn, but you feel your energy diminish.

Davius smirks.

You lick the tip of your finger and trace a sigil in the air, the design of the Gift of Life spell showing just faintly enough for you to see.

Davius flings you around, spinning and throwing you completely off balance.

Your muscles continue to burn, but you feel your energy diminish.

You exclaim, "Wheee!"

You laugh happily.

Your heart continues its slow, steady rhythm.

Your mind hears Mellisandre thinking, "where are you, davius"

Your muscles continue to burn, but you feel your energy diminish.

You gesture.
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.
Your muscles stop burning, and you feel your energy ebbing away.
Pride and confidence in your empathic abilities fills you from within, accompanied by a subtle sense of hardiness.

Your heart continues its slow, steady rhythm.

Your mind hears Davius thinking, "I'm by the path to leucros, Mellisandre."

Your heart continues its slow, steady rhythm.

You shove at Davius but his grip remains solid.

You feel your Heart Link fade away, and you lose the sense of Davius's heartbeat.

You lick the tip of your finger and trace a sigil in the air, the design of the Heart Link spell showing just faintly enough for you to see.

Waif Mellisandre's group just arrived.

Mellisandre gestures, muttering a quiet riddle.
Mellisandre's cambrinth ankleband emits a loud *snap*.
A pair of immense ghostly hands sweep forward to grasp Davius in a translucent embrace!
The ghostly hands interlock their wispy fingers, locking themselves tightly around Davius.

You shove at Davius but his grip remains solid.

Davius smirks.

Mellisandre begins to advance on Davius.

Mellisandre closes to pole weapon range on Davius.

Mellisandre asks in Ilithic, "You want a fight?"

Gridaksma sighs.

Davius says, "Heh heh."

Davius breaks away from your grip!

You leap to your feet!

Davius shoves you with tremendous force, knocking you across the room into a sprawling heap.

Mellisandre closes to melee range on Davius.

Davius steps back and stops brawling.

Mellisandre rakes her fingers over the crackling energy of a brilliant orb of rippling cerulean light floating near her.
Fractals of pale light materialize in a cascading pattern around Mellisandre, outlining the faint beginnings of a complex gyre. With a bestial moan, shafts of brilliant white light erupt from the ether, illuminating the pattern as if it were lifeblood sustaining the vein.

The wall of light echoes outward rapidly, leaving a misty halo of white light to shroud Mellisandre in its wake.

The ring of light smashes into Davius, sending him careening backward into a heap as it drags him from melee to missile range, away from Mellisandre.
Davius is stunned!

A whispered sigh echoes around Mellisandre as the ghostly light dissipates.

Gridaksma tries to pull you to your feet, but cannot.

Gridaksma tries to pull you to your feet, but cannot.

Mellisandre says in Ilithic, "I hate you"

You laugh!

Gridaksma tries to pull you to your feet, but cannot.

Mellisandre begins to advance on Davius.

You leap to your feet!

Mellisandre grows fierce looking and appears ready to brawl!

Davius stands up.

You scoff at Davius.

Davius draws forth a scimitar.

Mellisandre closes to pole weapon range on Davius.

Davius moves into a position to parry.

Mellisandre seems to be concentrating intently on something.

You begin to advance on Davius.

Davius says, "Fine."

Mellisandre closes to melee range on Davius.

Davius's scimitar easily parries Mellisandre's attack.

You close to pole weapon range on Davius.

Mellisandre raises her gold-edged scimitar defensively.

Moving as one fluid extension of power, Davius jabs a scimitar at Mellisandre. Mellisandre knocks aside some of the scimitar with a gold-edged scimitar. The scimitar lands a light hit to her right arm!

Moving like a striking snake, Davius steps backward and then slices at Mellisandre. Mellisandre knocks aside little of the scimitar with a gold-edged scimitar. The scimitar lands a solid hit that barely pierces the skin to nick the chest!

You lick the tip of your finger and trace a sigil in the air, the design of the Sphere of Protection spell showing just faintly enough for you to see.

Mellisandre closes her eyes, drawing her closed fist toward her chest.
Seconds later, she swings her arm outward, pointing at Davius as her eyes fix on him in a vehement stare.

Mellisandre retreats from combat.

Several bolts of flashing silver flame flare into view, churning around Davius. With surprising speed, they swirl upward into the sky with a wailing shriek!

You close to melee range on Davius.

You gesture at Mellisandre.
A translucent sphere forms around Mellisandre and shudders like a soap bubble.

Mellisandre steps back and stops brawling.

Davius moves into a position to parry.

You lick the tip of your finger and trace a sigil in the air, the design of the Sphere of Protection spell showing just faintly enough for you to see.

A glowing rain of surreal silver fire begins to cascade down from the heavens!

A bolt of holy fire smashes to the ground near Davius.

Mellisandre moves into a position to parry.

You gesture at Mellisandre.
The translucent sphere already around Mellisandre shudders and flickers with newly added invigoration.

A torrent of luminous silver flame rains down from above!

A bolt of holy fire strikes Davius in the head, lightly singing his flesh.

A bolt of holy fire strikes Davius in the right leg, scorching his flesh.

Davius retreats from you.

You lick the tip of your finger and trace a sigil in the air, the design of the Sphere of Protection spell showing just faintly enough for you to see.

Davius gestures at Mellisandre.
Strange, swirling lights dance around Davius and then fade into nothingness.

Mellisandre snarls.

You begin to advance on Davius.

Mellisandre begins to advance on Davius.

You gesture at Mellisandre.
The translucent sphere already around Mellisandre shudders and flickers with newly added invigoration.

Davius grins.

You close to melee range on Davius.

You push at Davius but he doesn't budge!

Davius says, "Heh heh."

Mellisandre closes to pole weapon range on Davius.

You lick the tip of your finger and trace a sigil in the air, the design of the Aesandry Darlaeth spell showing just faintly enough for you to see.

Davius says, "How amusing."

Mellisandre closes to melee range on Davius.

Mellisandre rakes her fingers over the crackling energy of a brilliant orb of rippling cerulean light floating near her.
Fractals of pale light materialize in a cascading pattern around Mellisandre, outlining the faint beginnings of a complex gyre. With a bestial moan, shafts of brilliant white light erupt from the ether, illuminating the pattern as if it were lifeblood sustaining the vein.

The wall of light echoes outward rapidly, leaving a misty halo of white light to shroud Mellisandre in its wake.

The ring of light smashes into Davius, causing him to stumble as it forcefully pushes him from melee to missile range, away from Mellisandre.
Davius is stunned!

A whispered sigh echoes around Mellisandre as the ghostly light dissipates.

You stalk Davius in a circle, managing to get slightly to one side.

Davius slowly tips over and falls down.

Mellisandre says in Ilithic, "get him sis"

Davius stands up.

Mellisandre begins to advance on Davius.

Davius snarls.

You reach out and grab hold of Davius, but he breaks away easily.

Davius says, "Fine."

Mellisandre asks in Ilithic, "Amusing am I?"

Mellisandre closes to pole weapon range on Davius.

You gesture.
You feel your muscles start to burn, and you are filled with great energy and confidence.

You slowly circle around Davius.

Your muscles continue to burn, but you feel your energy diminish.

Mellisandre closes to melee range on Davius.

Davius keeps a careful eye on you as you try to circle him.

Davius turns away from you to face Mellisandre.

Mellisandre says in Ilithic, "Leave me the hell alone you pathetic little .... bastard"

Davius keeps a careful eye on you as you try to circle him.

Moving strongly, Mellisandre jabs a gold-edged scimitar at Davius. Davius evades, barely twisting out of a tight spot.

Your muscles continue to burn, but you feel your energy diminish.

With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, Davius jabs a scimitar at Mellisandre. Mellisandre evades, leaping aside.

Davius keeps a careful eye on you as you try to circle him.

Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, Davius steps backward and then slices at Mellisandre. Mellisandre turns aside the scimitar with a gold-edged scimitar.

Mellisandre begins to focus on Davius!

Mellisandre moves into a position to parry.

Davius gestures at Mellisandre.
Strange, swirling lights dance around Davius and then fade into nothingness.

Moving like a striking snake, Mellisandre jabs a gold-edged scimitar at Davius. Davius knocks aside the scimitar with a scimitar.

Driving in like an adept combatant, Mellisandre steps backward and then slices at Davius. Davius beats off most of the scimitar with a scimitar. The scimitar lands a solid hit that nicks his left forearm!

The soft white glow fades from around Mellisandre.

Davius keeps a careful eye on you as you try to circle him.

Mellisandre gestures at Davius.
A bright flash engulfs Mellisandre's hand as a ray of holy light streaks from her palm, speeding toward Davius!
The ray strikes Davius in the back, blossoming into an imressive display of flashing lights!
Davius stumbles.

Your muscles continue to burn, but you feel your energy diminish.

Davius snorts, loudly.

With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, Mellisandre jabs a gold-edged scimitar at Davius. Davius repulses some of the scimitar with a scimitar. The scimitar lands a grazing blow to his chest!

Attacking well, Davius jabs a scimitar at Mellisandre. Mellisandre dodges.

You grab hold of Davius in a tight grip. Davius grips you back.

Moving as one fluid extension of power, Mellisandre steps backward and then slices at Davius. Davius slaps away some of the scimitar with a scimitar. The scimitar lands a good strike to his chest!

Moving like a striking snake, Mellisandre jabs a gold-edged scimitar at Davius. Davius beats off little of the scimitar with a scimitar. The scimitar lands a light hit to his back!

Davius moves into a position to .

You try to move off to Davius's side, but can't manage it.

Driving in like an adept combatant, Mellisandre steps backward and then slices at Davius. Davius repulses most of the scimitar with a scimitar. The scimitar lands a good hit to his left arm!

Driving in like an unbeatable force, Mellisandre jabs a gold-edged scimitar at Davius. Davius fends off the scimitar with a scimitar.

You move in a circle, pulling Davius along.

Davius gestures at Mellisandre.
Strange, swirling lights dance around Davius and then fade into nothingness.

Driving in like an adept combatant, Mellisandre steps backward and then slices at Davius. Davius deflects some of the scimitar with a scimitar. The scimitar lands a hard hit that just barely penetrates the skin to nick the stomach ('Tis but a scratch!), barely stunning him!

Your muscles continue to burn, but you feel your energy diminish.

Fluidly, Mellisandre jabs a gold-edged scimitar at Davius. Davius beats off most of the scimitar with a scimitar. The scimitar lands a glancing blow to his chest!

Driving in with naturally fluid movements, Mellisandre steps backward and then slices at Davius. Davius deflects little of the scimitar with a scimitar. The scimitar lands a heavy strike that savages the belly to expose the intestines, stunning him!

Driving in like an unbeatable force, Mellisandre jabs a gold-edged scimitar at Davius. Davius deflects some of the scimitar with a scimitar. The scimitar lands a harmless blow to his right arm!

* Davius was just struck down!

Moving with powerful grace, Mellisandre steps backward and then slices at Davius. Davius repulses little of the scimitar with a scimitar. The scimitar lands an awesome strike that explodes the heart and lungs with a bone-shattering blow to the chest!

* Davius is slain before your eyes!

Davius's scimitar falls to the ground.

The ghostly hands binding Davius slip away and vanish.

You mockingly ask, "Shall we stop?"

Mellisandre says in Ilithic, "no"

Your muscles continue to burn, but you feel your energy diminish.

The earth around Davius's body seems to awaken, opening up and curling around him, pulling the lifeless form downward, covering him until all that is left is a slowly fading gravesite.

You release the mana you were holding.
Your muscles stop burning, and you feel your energy ebbing away.

A brilliant orb of rippling cerulean light floating around Mellisandre suddenly grows very dim.
An eerie, whispered sigh echoes around Mellisandre.

Mellisandre slowly empties her lungs.

Gridaksma rubs Mellisandre gently.

You praise Mellisandre.

Your mind hears Mellisandre thinking, "Before you ask, I killed him"



  Justinarius vs Davius

*** Quick Note: Justin & Davius have been going at it on and off since Justin was a squire in leathers and Davius was a disembodied demi-god controlling armies of death spirits (no, really...) While I've lost count of the number of times they've locked wills and crossed swords (or spells, or....whatever), this is the most recent confrontation ***

Your mind hears Rayvne thinking, "Justinarius, Beware Davius is looking for you!!"

think Aye, milady, I know.
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

[Langenfirth, Lake Gwenalion] Chilled brownish water laps about, tossed by the strong westerly wind off the lake. Back near the shore, fisherman ply their lines in the comfort of the sheltering cove. A little ways further into the lake is the structure of the landing and the barge wharf. The lake seems to teem with fish, many breaking the surface and then diving back into the dark waters. Obvious paths: north, southeast, west.

You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Marshal Order spell.

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

You get an ivory-hilted claymore from inside your leather weapons harness.

Your mind hears Davius thinking, "<faintly>" "Is that where this is to happen, Justin?"

think Where would you prefer, sir?
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

>gesture
You sense a righteous awakening, leaving you barely more in tune with your body, mind and spirit.

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

Your mind hears Davius thinking, "<faintly>" "Very clever..the lake.."

think I have this thing about swimming, sir. It's good for the soul, they say.
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

Your mind hears Davius thinking, "<faintly>" "..and bad for spheres."

think Bad for a lot of things, sir. But I expect you know that.
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Bond Weapon spell.
You gesture at an ivory-hilted claymore.
Tendrils of translucent white writhe around your ivory-hilted claymore.
You sense a new bond forged between you and your ivory-hilted claymore.
You sheathe your ivory-hilted claymore in the leather weapons harness.

You get an ironwood-hafted hhr'ata from inside your leather weapons harness.

You sense your ivory-hilted claymore trying to return to your right hand, but it's full!

You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Bond Weapon spell.
You gesture at an ironwood-hafted hhr'ata.
Tendrils of translucent white writhe around your ironwood-hafted hhr'ata.
You sense a new bond forged between you and your ironwood-hafted hhr'ata.

Your mind hears Davius thinking, "Can you feel the ripples in the lake?"

The last few clouds drift away to reveal a sky full of twinkling stars.

think Aye, but not surprising, sir. Never know how many people are out for a swim these days.
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

Davius swims into view coming from the west.

[Langenfirth, Lake Gwenalion] Chilled brownish water laps about, tossed by the strong westerly wind off the lake. Back near the shore, fisherman ply their lines in the comfort of the sheltering cove. A little ways further into the lake is the structure of the landing and the barge wharf. The lake seems to teem with fish, many breaking the surface and then diving back into the dark waters. Also here: Doomsayer Davius. Obvious paths: north, southeast, west.

You begin to advance on Davius.

You ask, "You wanted to see me, sir?"

Davius says, "Hrmm."
Davius grins.
Davius is engulfed in a ripple of light and shadow, and vanishes, only to reappear some distance away!

Davius says, "Yes, Justin."
Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

You begin to advance on Davius.

Davius is engulfed in a ripple of light and shadow, and vanishes, only to reappear some distance away!

You say, "No spellcasting, if youdon't mind."

Davius says, "I'd recommend against advancing, then."

You say, "Fair enough, sir."
You ask, "What can I do for you?"

Davius says, "I have to fufill a promise."

You say, "Which one? You've made so many, as I recall."

Davius says, "Why..I have to kill you, of course."

You say, "Of course, sir."
You ask, "I hope you don't mind if I resist?"
You raise an eyebrow in Davius's direction.

Davius says, "Once I do.."
Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.
You begin to advance on Davius.

Davius says, "..we will both be free."
Davius is engulfed in a ripple of light and shadow, and vanishes, only to reappear some distance away!

You say, "Nonsense"

Davius gestures at you. Everything suddenly goes white for a moment as pain washes over your senses. You drop your ironwood-hafted hhr'ata. You are stunned!

Your ivory-hilted claymore leaps back into your right hand!

Davius says, "Perhaps."
Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

You slowly tip over and fall down.

You swim southeast, moving against the light current.
You sheathe your ivory-hilted claymore in the leather weapons harness.
You swim back up into a vertical position.

Your ironwood-hafted hhr'ata leaps back into your right hand!
You sense your ivory-hilted claymore trying to return to your right hand, but it's full!

Davius swims into view coming from the northwest.

You turn to face Davius.

< Moving in like a timid schoolboy, you throw an ironwood-hafted hhr'ata at Davius. Davius evades. The ironwood-hafted hhr'ata lands nearby!
[You're very badly balanced with opponent in superior position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

Your ironwood-hafted hhr'ata leaps back into your right hand!

Davius sighs.
Davius is engulfed in a ripple of light and shadow, and vanishes, only to reappear some distance away!

You begin to advance on Davius.
You get an ivory-hilted claymore from inside your leather weapons harness.

Davius gestures at you.

Everything suddenly goes white for a moment as pain washes over your senses.
You drop your ivory-hilted claymore and ironwood-hafted hhr'ata.
You are stunned!
You are still stunned.

Your ironwood-hafted hhr'ata leaps back into your right hand!
You sense your ivory-hilted claymore trying to return to your right hand, but it's full!

Davius says, "Justin."
Davius is engulfed in a ripple of light and shadow, and vanishes, only to reappear some distance away!
Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.
Davius says, "Really."

You swim northwest, moving with the light current. You swim north, moving at an angle with the light current.

You sheathe your ironwood-hafted hhr'ata in the leather weapons harness.

Your ivory-hilted claymore leaps back into your right hand!

You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.

Davius swims into view, coming from the south.
Davius is engulfed in a ripple of light and shadow, and vanishes, only to reappear some distance away!
Davius suddenly vanishes without a trace in an inky black shadow!

You sense the Bond Weapon spell fade from an ivory-hilted claymore .

You come out of hiding.

[Langenfirth, Lake Gwenalion] Outside the shelter of the cove the lake bottom drops off sharply, and the water is rougher. The waves break now and then into small white caps as a strong wind blows off the lake. The chill of the water is not uncomfortable, but is very invigorating. Nearby the silver slash of a fin creases the surface followed quickly by a diving heron seeking its dinner. Obvious paths: south, west.

You swim south, moving against the light current at an angle.
You sense the Bond Weapon spell fade from an ironwood-hafted hhr'ata.

Your mind hears Davius thinking, "Alright, Justin..no more games..no more hiding."

You ponder.

think Right where you left me, sir.
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

You rub your pearl ring.
You are suddenly engulfed in a dark veil of shadows and find yourself elsewhere...

[Seneca's Fruitstand] The fruitstand is filled with the fresh sweet scent and vivid colors of ripe fruit. Bushel baskets piled high with peaches, pears and apples fill the corners of the small stand, while tiered shelves hold pint-baskets of bright berries. The farmer Seneca stands over his bountiful display with pride, giving a warm smile to those who enter. You also see a wooden counter and a wooden signboard. Obvious paths: out.

***** Having had a few moment's to think things through, Justin heads for the one place he might be able to defeat Davius *****

[Therenborough, Quadrangle] The vast quadrangle is paved with blocks of silver-speckled granite and bordered by rows of marble columns interspersed with matching benches. Throngs of people congregate in this popular gathering spot. Every so often an animated speaker addresses the crowds from the public orator's stand. Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

[Theren Keep, Approach] A timeworn gatehouse rises to the north, its twin towers bearing conspicuous scars from a long-standing siege. The stone and mortar look patched in key places where catapult stones bombarded the stout facade, but there's no indication the gates have ever been breached. A stagnant semi-filled moat impedes further progress towards the Keep, and the sickly-green slime bubbling inside looks and smells like it dates back to the Old Empire. You also see an ironwood drawbridge and a narrow ledge descending into the moat. Obvious paths: south.

Your ivory-hilted claymore makes the climb more difficult.
[Theren Keep, Moat] A mound of slimy-green refuse coagulates here, providing a shaky foothold and limited view beyond the moat's filthy walls. The gatehouse looms overhead like a gaping maw, and a narrow ledge leads upwards through a patch of slippery moss. Brackish water oozes east and west, shallow enough that even a Halfling could wade through without much difficulty. Obvious paths: east, west.

You swim east, moving through the still water.
Your mind hears Davius thinking, "Well..not *right* where I left you.."
You swim northeast, moving through the still water.

think Very true, sir. That would be uncommonly foolish of me, now wouldn't it?
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

You swim north, moving through the still water.

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

You swim north, moving through the still water.

Your mind hears Davius thinking, "Oh...Justin..running? To Theren?"

You take a deep breath and plunge into the murky depths, blindly feeling your way forward. The narrow passage seemingly weaves on forever, and your lungs convulse in agony from lack of oxygen. Finally, you burst upwards through a slimy membrane, gasping soured air and sputtering green goo.

[Underground, Putrid Pool] The rotting sewage and slime here might make a cozy home for a gelapod, but it sure doesn't help your complexion. Subterranean mosses illuminate the crawlspace with pale light, revealing a horde of swarming insects and a mold-infested pool that looks like yesterday's breakfast. Obvious exits: west.

think Just interested in seeing how well you fight while crawling on your belly through water, sir. Call me curious.
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

You crawl west and hear a *CRUNCH* as a beetle ruptures under your palm!

[Underground, Grimy Passage] The tunnel swerves through a curtain of blue-green lichen, melding with grime and dirt to cut off escape. But the illusory barrier yields to the touch and parts like the stringy beard of an old Dwarf, unveiling a narrow passage east. The ground feels drier southwest, but no less ridden with bugs. Obvious exits: east, southwest.

You reach out with your senses and see flickering streams of Holy energy coursing through the area. You can sense that there is a little more mana to the east, a bit less mana to the southwest. You don't sense any spells in effect on you.

>swYou crawl southwest slowly and carefully.

[Underground, Grimy Passage] Earth and river rock surrender before a face of rusticated stone, drooping with lichen but solid as the day it was set. A cacophony of chittering insects, seen and unseen, drowns out any audible clues, and prying fingers reveal no chinks along the sturdy rock. The dank passage northeast looks like the only way out of this mess. You also see a thick strand of moss. Obvious exits: northeast.

You reach out with your senses and see dimly flickering streams of Holy energy coursing through the area. You can sense that there is a bit more mana to the northeast. You don't sense any spells in effect on you.

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

You crawl northeast, avoiding insects as best you can.

[Underground, Grimy Passage] The tunnel swerves through a curtain of blue-green lichen, melding with grime and dirt to cut off escape. But the illusory barrier yields to the touch and parts like the stringy beard of an old Dwarf, unveiling a narrow passage east. The ground feels drier southwest, but no less ridden with bugs. Obvious exits: east, southwest.

Your mind hears Davius thinking, "Me too..let's find out."

You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Bond Weapon spell.
You gesture at an ivory-hilted claymore.
Tendrils of translucent white writhe around your ivory-hilted claymore.
You sense a new bond forged between you and your ivory-hilted claymore.
You sheathe your ivory-hilted claymore in the leather weapons harness.

You get an ironwood-hafted hhr'ata from inside your leather weapons harness.
You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Bond Weapon spell.
You gesture at an ironwood-hafted hhr'ata.
Tendrils of translucent white writhe around your ironwood-hafted hhr'ata.
You sense a new bond forged between you and your ironwood-hafted hhr'ata.

You sling a medium shield off from over your shoulder, placing it in your left hand.
You are now set to evade attacks with 85% of your skill.
You are now set to use 100% of your shield blocking skill.
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.

think Get lost, sir?
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

Your mind hears Rayvne thinking, "Justinarious We are near...Davius, promises can be broken..."

think Thank you, milady, sir. Very much appreciated.
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

think You shouldn't have any trouble finding me, sir. I'm in the spot with all the holy power.
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

You wryly say, "Relatively speaking"

**** Somewhere around this time, Davius gets caught in a web which triggers his Contigency spell, adding to his growing irritation ****

Your mind hears Davius thinking, "I hate you, Justin...I loathe everything you stand for. Hide in your tunnels of filth."

think Thank you, sir. Quite a compliment, considering the source.
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

Your mind hears Davius thinking, "Fine..if you will hide...then I will have to draw you out."

think And I'm hardly hiding, sir. Just choosing an appropriate battleground.
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

You sigh.

You crawl east slowly and carefully.

You take a deep breath and plunge into the murky depths, blindly feeling your way forward. The narrow passage seemingly weaves on forever, and your lungs convulse in agony from lack of oxygen. Finally, you burst upwards through a slimy membrane, gasping soured air and sputtering green goo.

You swim back up into a vertical position.
You swim south, moving through the still water.
You swim south, moving through the still water.
You swim southwest, moving through the still water.
You swim west, moving through the still water.

{Theren Keep, Approach] A timeworn gatehouse rises to the north, its twin towers bearing conspicuous scars from a long-standing siege. The stone and mortar look patched in key places where catapult stones bombarded the stout facade, but there's no indication the gates have ever been breached. A stagnant semi-filled moat impedes further progress towards the Keep, and the sickly-green slime bubbling inside looks and smells like it dates back to the Old Empire. You also see an ironwood drawbridge and a narrow ledge descending into the moat. Also here: Doomsayer Davius, Fala'Jan Rayvne, and Holy Warrior Serrin. Obvious paths: south. > avius steeples his fingers together and gestures.
Davius's cambrinth armband emits a loud *snap*.
The air around him seems to shudder for a moment.
Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.
You begin to advance on Davius.

Rayvne frowns.

Davius is engulfed in a ripple of light and shadow, and vanishes, only to reappear some distance away!
You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Banner of Truce spell.
You begin to advance on Davius.

Davius smirks.
Davius is engulfed in a ripple of light and shadow, and vanishes, only to reappear some distance away!

You begin to advance on Davius.
You say, "Keep casting, sir"

Davius gestures at you.

You jerk involuntarily as pain briefly lances through your skull.
You are stunned!

Davius is engulfed in a ripple of light and shadow, and vanishes, only to reappear some distance away!
Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.
Davius gestures at you.

After a brief flare of pain, your senses go numb and you lose all muscular control.
You're unconscious!

Davius grabs you and drags you south with him.
Davius grabs you and drags you south with him.
Davius grabs you and drags you south with him.

Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

Davius just went through a town gate, dragging you with him.

[North Road, Barony Pass] With one final sweep, the road straightens out from the hilly pastures in the south to stop at a walled village. Looming above the stone boundary is the majestic Theren Keep, its battered towers still an imposing sight to behold. You also see a pool of black shadows, a dusty trail, a festive meeting portal, a festive wedding portal, a crumbling stone wall running northwest from the main road, and a town gate. Also here: Doomsayer Davius. Obvious paths: south.

Holy Warrior Serrin's group came through a town gate.

Davius grabs you and drags you south with him.

Holy Warrior Serrin's group just arrived.

Davius grabs you and drags you southeast with him.

Holy Warrior Serrin's group just arrived.

Rayvne exclaims, "Davius stop it!"

Davius grabs you and drags you southwest with him.
Davius grabs you and drags you southwest with him.

[North Road, Farmlands] Tall stalks of golden sweetcorn grow in patches alongside the road. A whimsical scarecrow watches over the crops, discouraging the hungry crows that fly overhead eagerly eyeing the corn. Also here: Doomsayer Davius. Obvious paths: northeast, south.

You rise to a kneeling position. You stand back up.

Holy Warrior Serrin's group just arrived.

Davius gestures at you.

You jerk involuntarily as pain briefly lances through your skull. You are stunned!

Holy Warrior Serrin's group just arrived.

Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

Serrin frowns.

Davius grabs you and drags you south with him.
Davius grabs you and drags you south with him.

Holy Warrior Serrin's group just arrived.

Davius gestures at you.
After a brief flare of pain, your senses go numb and you lose all muscular control.

Davius grabs you and drags you west with him.
Davius grabs you and drags you southwest with him.
Davius grabs you and drags you south with him.

You're unconscious!

Davius gazes at Serrin.
Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

Rayvne grabs you and drags you northeast with her.

[North Road, Farmlands] Produce-filled wagons belonging to local farmers join the frequent trader caravans and groups of adventurers that travel this road. To either side, gently sloping farmlands stretch out to the horizon. Also here: Fala'Jan Rayvne. Obvious paths: north, southwest.

Doomsayer Davius just arrived.

Rayvne grabs you and drags you north with her.

[North Road, Farmlands] The road winds lazily, cutting a path through fertile straths and peat-stained creeks. Here and there in the distance, quaint farmhouses with accompanying barns can be seen. Also here: Fala'Jan Rayvne. Obvious paths: northeast, south.

You rise to a kneeling position.

Doomsayer Davius just arrived.
Doomsayer Davius just went northeast.

Holy Warrior Serrin just arrived.

Rayvne grabs your arm and tries to drag you, but you remain unmoving.

Doomsayer Davius just arrived.

Rayvne sighs.

You stand back up.

**** Justin ducks a few rooms away to better prepare himself ****

You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Anti Stun spell.
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
You come out of hiding.
You gesture.
A dull orange glow settles around you.

**** And then charges back into the fray *****

[North Road, Farmlands] The road winds lazily, cutting a path through fertile straths and peat-stained creeks. Here and there in the distance, quaint farmhouses with accompanying barns can be seen. Also here: a stunned Doomsayer Davius, Holy Warrior Serrin, and Fala'Jan Rayvne. Obvious paths: northeast, south.

You begin to advance on Davius.
You get an ivory-hilted claymore from inside your leather weapons harness.

Davius is engulfed in a ripple of light and shadow, and vanishes, only to reappear some distance away!
Davius gestures at you.

You sense Davius attempting to strike at your mind but manage to hold it off!

You begin to advance on Davius.

Davius grins. Doomsayer Davius just went south.

[North Road, Farmlands] Produce-filled wagons belonging to local farmers join the frequent trader caravans and groups of adventurers that travel this road. To either side, gently sloping farmlands stretch out to the horizon. Also here: Doomsayer Davius. Obvious paths: north, southwest.

You close to pole weapon range on Davius.

Davius retreats from you.
Doomsayer Davius just went southwest.

**** This time Davius retreats to heal and prepare ****

[North Road, Orchards] The young apple trees that grow here provide a canopy of white apple blossoms that send petals drifting lazily to the ground like falling snow. Also here: Fala'Jan Rayvne and Holy Warrior Serrin. Obvious paths: northeast, southwest.

You ask, "You two okay?"

Serrin utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.
Serrin nods.
Rayvne nods.

Serrin says, "Fine."

Doomsayer Davius just arrived.
Doomsayer Davius just went southwest.

Rayvne asks, "You?"

You say, "Aye, for now."

You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.

You reach out with your senses and see vague streams of Holy energy coursing through the area. You can sense that there is the same amount of mana to the northeast, the same amount of mana to the southwest. You sense the Anti Stun spell upon you, which should last for about 4 roisaen. You sense the Marshal Order spell upon you, which should last for a roisan or so.

You say, "Thank you for the assistance. Davius is...dangerous."

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

You say, "And persistant."
You smile wryly.

Rayvne says, "He is near...the madness has him now."

Serrin says, "It won't end.. "

You nod to Rayvne.

Rayvne nods to you.

You say, "It will end."

Rayvne says, "he is trying to fight it.."
Rayvne shakes her head.

You nod to Rayvne.

You say, "Aye, I know."

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

You say, "Which is why I've been trying to just distract him by leading him around. Give him time to fight himself."

You say, "But that can only work so long."

Serrin nods.
Rayvne nods to you.

Your mind hears Davius thinking, "You know..I really hate Theren."

Rayvne says, "I couldn't stand there...I won't be used as a hostage..."

You say, "However, if he's still coming, best fall back to a place where there's some mana."

Rayvne nods to you.

Serrin says, "I'll boost it.. wherever you want to be"

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

You say, "I'm going to head to the picnic table."
You grin.

Serrin nods.

You ask, "Care to join me?"
Serrin joins your group.
Rayvne joins your group.

***** A quick journey to El'Bain's Picnic Area *****

[El'Bain's Stop, Picnic Area] The quiet surroundings of this picnic area give weary travelers a short break before moving on. You also see a tree hollow, the main road, and a picnic table with some stuff on it. Obvious paths: north. Rayvne and Serrin followed.

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

Rayvne frowns.

Doomsayer Davius just arrived.

You bow to Davius.

Davius narrows his eyes.

The dull orange glow fades from around you.

Rayvne nods to Davius.

You say, "Welcome to El'Bain's, sir."

Davius slowly asks, "..why..are you bowing?"

Davius gestures at you.
Davius snarls.
Davius says, "A trick."

You say, "Because there's a part of you I still respect, sir."
You say, "The better part, I might add."

You gesture.
A dull orange glow settles around you.

Davius says, "I killed him, Justin."

Serrin says, "Tis salvageable."

You ask, "Did you?"

Davius says, "That part of me is gone..roaming as I was long ago."

Rayvne says, "Davius....this doesn't have to be...You know you lie.."

Davius says, "Although he will no--"
Davius glares at Rayvne.
Davius asks, "Lie?"

You say, "If you killed him, you wouldn't have given me any warning you were coming, sir."

Serrin moves over to guard Rayvne.

Rayvne nods to Davius.

Davius loudly asks, "Lie?"

Rayvne says, "I saw him"
Rayvne says, "earlier, I saw him myself"

You say, "You would have just come, and done it."

Davius glares at Rayvne.

You say, "He's still there and you know it."
You say, "And it frightens you, doesn't it? Because you know he'll win again in the end."

Rayvne says, "maybe not a lie...maybe you just don't see him.."

Serrin says, "He always will."

Davius twitches.
A nervous tic starts up around Davius's eye.

You say, "Because unlike you, he doesn't fight alone."

Davius says, "I need no one."

Serrin says, "Everyone needs someone else... everyone."

Rayvne says, "We all need someone..."

Serrin says, "I thought once that I didn't."
Serrin shakes his head.

Davius snarls.

Rayvne nods to Serrin.

Serrin says, "I was wrong."
Serrin just touched a white gold wedding band carved in the shape of a ring of flames.

Davius says, "Fine."

Rayvne smiles.

Davius says, "Hide here, if you will."

You chuckle.

Davius says, "You force my hand, Justin..it would have been just you and me.."

You say, "It was never just you and me and you know it."
You say, "There'll always be the next one with you. And the next."

Davius begins to advance on Rayvne.

Serrin shakes his head at Davius.

Rayvne frowns at Davius.

>Serrin draws forth a bastard sword.

Davius stops advancing on Rayvne.

Davius is engulfed in a ripple of light and shadow, and vanishes, only to reappear some distance away!

Serrin slings an ironwood buckler off from over his shoulder.

Rayvne says, "Ware, Mage.."

You say, "Good luck,sir."

Rayvne points at Davius.

Serrin utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

Rayvne says, "Calm yourself..."

Davius just went to the main road, dragging Rayvne with him.

Holy Warrior Serrin went to the main road.

[El'Bain's Stop, Store] Though positioned on the edge of the forest, El'Bain's Stop could easily be in the depth of the wilds. Surrounded by trees and home to many small critters, the wayside is an excellent place to rest and stock up on supplies. You also see a store and a small path. Also here: Holy Warrior Serrin, Fala'Jan Rayvne, and Doomsayer Davius. Obvious paths: east, west.

You begin to advance on Davius.

Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

You close to pole weapon range on Davius.

Davius retreats from you.

You grab Rayvne's arm and drag her with you . . .

[El'Bain's Stop, Picnic Area] The quiet surroundings of this picnic area give weary travelers a short break before moving on. You also see a tree hollow, the main road, and a picnic table with some stuff on it. Also here: Fala'Jan Rayvne. Obvious paths: north.

[El'Bain's Stop, Store] Though positioned on the edge of the forest, El'Bain's Stop could easily be in the depth of the wilds. Surrounded by trees and home to many small critters, the wayside is an excellent place to rest and stock up on supplies. You also see a store and a small path. Also here: Holy Warrior Serrin and Doomsayer Davius. Obvious paths: east, west.

You close to pole weapon range on Davius.

Davius snarls.

You close to melee range on Davius.

Davius gestures at you. Everything suddenly goes white for a moment as pain washes over your senses. You drop your ivory-hilted claymore. You are stunned!

>l[El'Bain's Stop, Store] Though positioned on the edge of the forest, El'Bain's Stop could easily be in the depth of the wilds. Surrounded by trees and home to many small critters, the wayside is an excellent place to rest and stock up on supplies. You also see an ivory-hilted claymore, a store, and a small path. Also here: Holy Warrior Serrin and Doomsayer Davius. Obvious paths: east, west.

You shake off the stun!
You pick up an ivory-hilted claymore.

Davius retreats from you.
Davius retreats from you.

You begin to advance on Davius.

Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.
Davius draws forth a scimitar.

You close to pole weapon range on Davius.

Davius retreats from you.

>< Moving in with powerful grace, you charge an ivory-hilted claymore at Davius. Davius fends off the claymore with a scimitar.
[You're winded, solidly balanced with no advantage.]

Davius retreats from you.

Davius gestures at you. Everything suddenly goes white for a moment as pain washes over your senses. You drop your ivory-hilted claymore. You are stunned!
You shake off the stun!

[El'Bain's Stop, Store] Though positioned on the edge of the forest, El'Bain's Stop could easily be in the depth of the wilds. Surrounded by trees and home to many small critters, the wayside is an excellent place to rest and stock up on supplies. You also see an ivory-hilted claymore, a store, and a small path. Also here: Doomsayer Davius and Holy Warrior Serrin. Obvious paths: east, west.

Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.
Davius snarls.

Serrin utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

You pick up an ivory-hilted claymore.
You begin to advance on Davius.

You sense a change in holy power throughout the area.

You close to melee range on Davius.

With strength, you jab an ivory-hilted claymore at Davius. Davius evades, stepping aside.
[You're very badly balanced with opponent in superior position.]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]

Davius gestures at you. Everything suddenly goes white for a moment as pain washes over your senses. You drop your ivory-hilted claymore. You are stunned!
You teeter and nearly fall over.

* Driving in like an adept combatant, Davius jabs a scimitar at you. You attempt to dodge, failing miserably. The scimitar lands a glancing blow to your right leg.
[You're extremely imbalanced with opponent overwhelming you.]

* Driving in like an adept combatant, Davius steps backward and then slices at you. You fail to evade, taking the full blow. The scimitar lands a solid hit that nicks your left forearm.
[You're hurt, extremely imbalanced with opponent overwhelming you.]

You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Bond Weapon spell.
You pick up an ivory-hilted claymore.

Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

* Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, Davius slices a scimitar at you. You fail to dodge, taking the full blow. The scimitar lands a light hit to your right leg.
[You're hurt, very badly balanced with opponent dominating.]

Davius begins to focus on you!

Davius moves into a position to parry.

At a severe disadvantage, you jab an ivory-hilted claymore at Davius. Davius evades.
[You're hurt, extremely imbalanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]

* Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, Davius jabs a scimitar at you. You deflect the scimitar with an ivory-hilted claymore.
[You're bruised, very badly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]

Moving fluidly, you step backward and then slice at Davius. Davius dodges, jumping to one side with little effort.
[You're bruised, badly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]

>* Moving as one fluid extension of power, Davius steps backward and then slices at you. You slap away the scimitar with an ivory-hilted claymore.
[You're bruised, badly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]

You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.

Davius says, "This is over."

You gesture at an ivory-hilted claymore.
Tendrils of translucent white writhe around your ivory-hilted claymore.
You sense a new bond forged between you and your ivory-hilted claymore.

Moving as one fluid extension of power, you jab an ivory-hilted claymore at Davius. Davius beats off the claymore with a scimitar.
[You're bruised, somewhat off balance with opponent in very strong position.]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]

Davius says, "Bow."

draw davius< Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you step backward and then slice at Davius. Davius slaps away little of the claymore with a scimitar. The claymore lands a heavy strike that rips skin and exposes bloody cartilage under the left kneecap.
[You're bruised, slightly off balance with opponent in better position.]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]

Davius gestures at you.
A noose of darkest shadows forms in Davius's hands. With a flick of his wrist, he sends it flying at you!
Your silvered chain is slightly damaged.
You cry out as the noose of shadows closes around your abdomen!

Davius retreats from you.

Driving in with naturally fluid movements, you charge an ivory-hilted claymore at Davius. Davius repulses the claymore with a scimitar.
[You're winded, very beat up, slightly off balance and opponent has slight advantage.]

Davius works carefully at tending his wounded left leg.

You feel fully balanced again.

Davius retreats from you.
Davius retreats from you.

Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

You begin to advance on Davius.

Everything suddenly goes white for a moment as pain washes over your senses.
You drop your ivory-hilted claymore.
You are stunned!
Your ivory-hilted claymore leaps back into your right hand!

Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue. You shake off the stun!

Serrin utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

You begin to advance on Davius.

Davius gets a gath mysanda from inside his silk cloak.

Your mind hears Rayvne thinking, "Serrin, I am hiding, I can not help and I won't be a hostage..."

Davius shivers violently as he concentrates on a gath mysanda.

You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.

Davius puts his mysanda in his blue pack.
Davius begins to focus on you!

You close to pole weapon range on Davius.

Moving as one fluid extension of power, you step backward and then slice at Davius. Davius turns aside the claymore with a scimitar.
[You're winded, very beat up, somewhat off balance with opponent in good position.]

* Moving as one fluid extension of power, Davius jabs a scimitar at you. You fend off the scimitar with an ivory-hilted claymore.
[You're very beat up, somewhat off balance with opponent in good position.]

Davius retreats from you.
Davius retreats from you.
Davius moves into a position to parry.

Davius gestures at you.
A noose of darkest shadows forms in Davius's hands. With a flick of his wrist, he sends it flying at you!
Your chain hood is slightly damaged.
You cry out as the noose of shadows closes around your neck!

Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

Moving as one fluid extension of power, you charge an ivory-hilted claymore at Davius. Davius repulses the claymore with a scimitar.
[You're winded, terribly wounded, slightly off balance and opponent has slight advantage.]

Davius retreats from you.
Davius retreats from you.

Davius begins to focus on you!

You feel fully balanced again.
Your body feels in extremely bad shape!
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have gaping holes in the neck, cuts and bruises about the left arm, some minor abrasions to the right leg, some tiny scratches to the left leg, deep slashes across the abdomen, some severe twitching.

Bleeding
           Area Rate
-----------------------------------------
           neck very bad
        abdomen moderate
    inside neck slight

Davius says, "Unfortunate..you're out of tricks."

go path
[El'Bain's Stop, Picnic Area] The quiet surroundings of this picnic area give weary travelers a short break before moving on. You also see a tree hollow, the main road, and a picnic table with some stuff on it. Obvious paths: north.

Doomsayer Davius just arrived.

think Not quite yet, sir.
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

Davius just tried to drag you but you pulled away.

You work carefully at tending your wound.
Doing your best, you are able to stop the bleeding.

[El'Bain's Stop, Picnic Area] The quiet surroundings of this picnic area give weary travelers a short break before moving on. You also see a tree hollow, the main road, and a picnic table with some stuff on it. Also here: Doomsayer Davius. Obvious paths: north.

Holy Warrior Serrin just arrived.

You grin at Davius.
You work carefully at tending your wound.
Doing your best, you are able to stop the bleeding.

(Davius practically seethes with rage.)

The dull orange glow fades from around you.

You say, "You should know better than think I'd run out of tricks, sir."

Serrin utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

You rub a portion of some muljin sap out of a black-jackal sack on yourself.
You feel a slight tingling sensation that quickly passes.

You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Anti Stun spell.

Serrin utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

Davius eats a portion of a jadice flower out of a silver hip pouch embroidered with a myriad of tiny spidersilk stars.

You say, "You can't win. You never could."

Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

Fala'Jan Rayvne just arrived.

You drink a portion of some riolur tea out of a black-jackal sack.
You feel a slight tingling sensation that quickly passes.

Serrin sheathes his bastard sword.

Davius says, "It looks like I already have."
Davius gestures.

Rayvne stands near Serrin.

Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

You rub a portion of some georin salve out of a black-jackal sack on yourself.
You feel a slight tingling sensation that quickly passes.

Serrin rubs Rayvne gently.

You rub a portion of some nilos salve out of a black-jackal sack on yourself.
You feel a slight tingling sensation that quickly passes.

Davius gestures.

You hold Serrin's hand.
You clasp Rayvne's hand tenderly.

You feel a strange sense of unease, as if someone or something were watching you with hostile intent.
You laugh!
You feel a strange sense of unease, as if someone or something were watching you with hostile intent.
You shake your head.

Rayvne peers quizzically at you.

Serrin slings an ironwood buckler over his shoulder.

You eat a portion of a cebi root out of a black-jackal sack.
You feel a slight tingling sensation that quickly passes.

You say, "He's stalking me."

Rayvne nods.

You ask, "Care to join us for a picnic while you are here, sir?"

[El'Bain's Stop, Picnic Area] The quiet surroundings of this picnic area give weary travelers a short break before moving on. You also see a tree hollow, the main road, and a picnic table with some stuff on it. Also here: Fala'Jan Rayvne and Holy Warrior Serrin. Obvious paths: north.

Serrin leans against a picnic table.

You tap a picnic table.

A few clouds drift by, obscuring the stars as they pass.

Davius glares at you.
Davius puts his scimitar away.

You say, "You can keep coming, sir. You may even kill me."
You say, "But I'll always be back."

Davius says, "You were right."
Davius frowns.

You say, "And I'll always have a place."
You say, "You never will."

Serrin says, "And he'll always have friends."
Serrin comes and stands near you.
Serrin folds his arms across his chest.

You say, "You can't win."

Rayvne comes and stands near you.
Rayvne shakes her head at Davius.

Davius says, "He wouldn't let me kill you, either."
Davius frowns.

You ask, "Which he?"

Davius gets a gath mysanda from inside his blue pack.

You smile at Davius.

Davius gets some mail gloves from inside his hip pouch.
Davius slips some mail gloves onto his hands.
Davius says, "You know who."
Davius concentrates intently on his gath mysanda.

You say, "So do you. The part of you that you deny."
You ask, "Why is that?"

Davius says, "Of course..if I could come back..so could he."
Davius frowns.

You say, "Exactly."

Davius says, "..however.."
Davius eats a portion of a cebi root out of a silver hip pouch embroidered with a myriad of tiny spidersilk stars.
Davius says, "..I will go to lengths he cannot."
Davius says, "This combat is useless...you will die when all are unmade."

You say, "You'll go to those lengths alone. He'll always have help."

Serrin nods.

You say, "That's why you lost last time."

Rayvne nods to you.

The wind whistles through a tree hollow.

Rayvne says, "He will always return...he has reason to."

Davius says, "..I defeated the..."

You say, "You defeated yourself."
You nod to Davius.

Davius says, "..I defeated the necromancer that raised him.."
Davius says, "...he owes me his life."
Davius frowns.

You ask, "Very good, sir. Given that I've pulled you out from under a blade or two, I figure the same applies between us, aye?"
You grin at Davius.

You say, "If you REALLY want to keep tally like that, that is."

Davius says, "You pulled him.."
Davius says, "..but.."
Davius frowns.
Davius stares blankly into the distance.

You say, "If he died, you'd die."

Davius says, "..no..no..I wouldn't let him die."

You ask, "Why?"
You raise an eyebrow in Davius's direction.

The sun slowly pokes its way through soft blankets of clouds as it sleepily rises to create the new day.

You ask, "If you hate him so much, why protect him?"

Davius's voice breaks slightly, and a lot of the overwhelming confidence that is usually there starts to fade.
Davius gazes silently at you.
Davius says, "..I..."

You sense the Bond Weapon spell fade from an ivory-hilted claymore.

Davius says, "..I still need him."

You nod to Davius.

You say, "And you always will, sir"

Davius stares pensively into the distance.
Davius says, "H-how...dare you..."

You sheathe your ivory-hilted claymore in the leather weapons harness.

Serrin takes a gleaming silver helm off his head.
Serrin runs his fingers through his hair.

You say, "Tell the truth, sir? I'm afraid I'm required to."

Davius concentrates intently on his gath mysanda.
Davius puts his mysanda in his silk cloak.

Serrin tucks his helm under one arm, watching calmly.

Davius inhales a great swallow of air.

Rayvne gazes down at the ground.

Davius says, "A reprieve, Justin..is all you've bought."

You say, "of course, sir"
You say, "That's all any of us can hope for."
You say, "In the end, that's all any of us ever get."

Serrin nods.

You say, "A reprieve."

Rayvne glances at you.
Rayvne nods.

Davius snarls.
Davius says, "Enough of this."

You say, "Agreed, sir."

Davius says, "Two things can happen from here."
Davius says, "Either you and I..step over to the road, and finish this..."
Davius says, "..or the next person I see dies in your stead."

Wayward Lass Jilly just arrived.

[El'Bain's Stop, Picnic Area] A singing bird, lost in the limbs of a nearby tree, pays respect to the tranquillity of this rest area. Somehow the simplistic chirping soothes tight muscles and suppresses life's worries. You also see a tree hollow, the main road, and a picnic table with some stuff on it. Also here: Wayward Lass Jilly, Fala'Jan Rayvne, Holy Warrior Serrin, and Doomsayer Davius. Obvious paths: north.

Davius whispers to your group, "(ROFLMOAD!!)"

Jilly raises an eyebrow.

You raise an eyebrow in Davius's direction.

Rayvne frowns at Davius.

You say, "Define "end this", sir."

Davius whispers to your group, "(::ahem:: Sorry.)"

Davius says, "I kill you, or die trying."

You ponder.

You ask, "You do realize this is something of a one-sided deal, aye?"
You raise an eyebrow in Davius's direction.

Rayvne says, "And you will never get that which you want most by continuing this madness..Mage"

Davius asks, "One-sided?"
Davius snorts, loudly.
Davius says, "Life isn't fair, Justin."

You say, "Aye, which is why you should just let it go. You can't have everything your way, sir."

Serrin puts a gleaming silver helm on his head.

You smile wryly.

Serrin adjusts his polished brass gauntlets.

Davius asks, "Then what would you have me do?"

Serrin says, "Walk away."

Davius snorts at Serrin.

You say, "Let it go."

Wayward Lass Jilly just went north.

Davius says, "I don't let things go."

Rayvne says, "Aye, there is a third way.."

The last few clouds in the sky above slowly drift away.

Davius glances at Rayvne.

Rayvne says, "You end it here..."
Rayvne says, "but with no killing."

You smile at Rayvne.

Davius raises an eyebrow in Rayvne's direction.

Rayvne gazes silently at Davius.

Rayvne nods.
Rayvne says, "Aye..."

Davius asks, "...and how do you suggest that occur?"

Rayvne says, "Easy enough, if you try.."
Rayvne inhales a great swallow of air.

Davius gazes thoughtfully at Rayvne.

Rayvne says, "It would be easy to kill...it's much harder to walk away...you are the one that talked about control, Mage"

Serrin says, "Self-control, is perhaps one of the most difficult things to conquer."

Davius says, "I am nothing without focus..will..a goal..."

Rayvne says, "You are everything and more without that..."

You say, "Peace is a goal, sir. Anyone can kill, as they said. A child with a knife can kill."

Rayvne says, "tis a shame you don't see it."

The wind whistles through a tree hollow.

Davius twitches.
Davius quietly says, "I tried to walk that road, Justin..this is where it ends."

Rayvne says, "You are a fierce weapon, Davius...only you can control yourself."

You ask, "So you weren't strong enough for the task?"
You raise an eyebrow in Davius's direction.

Davius sighs.
Davius quietly says, "No, I guess not."

Serrin says, "That is the ultimate focus... to do that which is the hardest to do."

You say, "I disagree, sir. The fact you can admit it is proof of that."

Davius gazes down at the ground.

Serrin says, "We are here.... to help, if we can."

You say, "Always"
You nod to Serrin.

Rayvne says, "Aye"
Rayvne says, "With friends..one can do anything, Mage."

Davius quietly says, "...yes..you can all help.."
Davius slowly empties his lungs.
Davius stares pensively into the distance.
Davius yells, "Die! You will all die!"
Doomsayer Davius went to the main road.

Serrin slowly empties his lungs.
Serrin says, "Well.. That went well."

Rayvne sighs.
Rayvne asks, "You think?"
Rayvne glances at Serrin.

Doomsayer Davius just arrived.

Serrin says, "Everyone is still alive."
Serrin nods to Rayvne.

Wayward Lass Jilly just arrived.

Davius storms back in, the magic in the area the only thing keeping him from casting.

Wayward Lass Jilly went to the main road.

Davius yells, "Face me!"
Davius glares at you.

You are already facing Davius.
You say, "I am facing you, sir."
You say, "I'm facing you with the one weapon you can't defend against"

Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.
Davius seethes, flecks of froth flying from his mouth as he yells.
Davius yells, "Coward!"
Davius steeples his fingers together and gestures.
A blinding flash of light engulfs you as a gut wrenching sensation wracks your body!
You find yourself removed a short distance away from where you were!
You are lightly stunned!

You gesture.
A dull orange glow settles around you.

You feel better balanced.

You say, "Protests the man who will only attack from afar, using magics no one can defend against."
You nod to Davius.

Davius grins at you.
Davius says, "Fine, then."
Davius says, "We will fight at melee."

You raise an eyebrow in Davius's direction.

Serrin raises an eyebrow.

Rayvne frowns.

You ask, "And I am to trust you on this?"

Davius says, "We step outside, and neither of attacks, until Serrin raises his hand."

You smile wryly.

Davius says, "This is all about my word, Justin."

You say, "Which word? You also pledged yourself as squire, as I recall."
You grin at Davius.

Davius shakes his head at you.
Davius says, "Not me, Justin."
Davius says, "You're getting us confused again."

You say, "Not at all. You are."
You nod to Davius.
You say, "You still seem to believe that one can exist without the oher."

Davius begins to advance on you!
Davius is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
Davius draws forth a scimitar.
Davius closes to pole weapon range on you!
Davius closes to melee range on you!

You get an ivory-hilted claymore from inside your leather weapons harness.
You smile at Davius.
You bow to Davius.

Davius asks, "Is this enough proof, Justin?"

Serrin clasps his hands behind his back.

You say, "It proves only that you are determined to fight when no fighting is necessary"
you look at Davius and shrug.

Serrin says, "And if you are true to your word... you will be waiting quite a while before any attacks are made. For I have no intention of starting this."

Davius looks like he's about to boil over with his rage again, his glare fiercely planted on Justin.

You nod to Serrin.

You say, "Nor should you."

Davius growls ferociously!

You say to Davius, "Very well. At melee, on your word."

Davius nods.

Doomsayer Davius went to the main road.

Serrin glances at you.

You say, "But however it ends, you leave Therengia."
You say, "And trouble it no more."

Davius says, "There will be no more trouble, after this."

You ask, "On your word?"
You raise an eyebrow in Davius's direction.

Davius says, "Enough with the spirits, enough with the bridge.."
Davius says, "..on my word."

You nod to Davius.

Davius begins to advance on you!
Davius is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

Davius gets a crystal hourglass with etched silver caps from inside his hip pouch.
Davius flips his hourglass over and carefully watches the sand flow.

You begin to advance on Davius.

Davius closes to pole weapon range on you!
Davius stops you from advancing any farther!

You sense a change in holy power throughout the area.

The dull orange glow fades from around you.

You begin to advance on Davius.

Davius says, "When it reaches bottom."

Davius closes to melee range on you!
Davius stops you from advancing any farther!

With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, you jab an ivory-hilted claymore at Davius. Davius slaps away the claymore with a scimitar.
[You're nimbly balanced and in strong position.]

< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you step backward and then slice at Davius. Davius fends off most of the claymore with a scimitar. The claymore lands a heavy strike that shreds away skin and exposes the muscles of the abdomen, lightly stunning him.
[You're nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]

Davius slowly tips over and falls down.

Davius gestures at you.

Everything suddenly goes white for a moment as pain washes over your senses. You drop your ivory-hilted claymore. You are stunned!

Davius stares deeply into his hourglass with a smile on his face.
Davius stands up.
Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

* Driving in like an unbeatable force, Davius jabs a scimitar at you. You fail to evade, failing miserably. The scimitar lands a brushing hit to your right arm.
[You're very badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]

Serrin's entire body tenses as he clenches his fist.

You pick up an ivory-hilted claymore.

* With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, Davius steps backward and then slices at you. You repulse most of the scimitar with an ivory-hilted claymore. The scimitar lands a light hit to your chest.
[You're bruised, very badly balanced with opponent dominating.]

You watch as Davius gazes intently at his hourglass.

You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Anti Stun spell.

Davius gestures at you.

Everything suddenly goes white for a moment as pain washes over your senses.
You drop your ivory-hilted claymore.
You are stunned!

Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

* Moving with powerful grace, Davius slices a scimitar at you. You fail to evade, taking the full blow. The scimitar lands a good hit to your chest.
[You're bruised, very badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]

Davius begins to focus on you!

* With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, Davius jabs a scimitar at you. You fail to dodge, failing miserably. The scimitar lands a grazing blow to your left arm.
[You're bruised, very badly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]

You are still stunned.

* Moving in with powerful grace, Davius steps backward and then slices at you. You attempt to evade, leaning wrong and blundering into the blow. The scimitar lands a light hit to your right hand.
[You're bruised, extremely imbalanced with opponent overwhelming you.]

Davius intently stares at his hourglass as the final grains of sand slip past.

A dull orange glow settles around you.

>* Driving in like an adept combatant, Davius slices a scimitar at you. You attempt to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The scimitar lands a good hit to your right arm.
[You're hurt, extremely imbalanced with opponent overwhelming you.]

Davius gestures at you. A noose of darkest shadows forms in Davius's hands. With a flick of his wrist, he sends it flying at you! Your silvered chain is slightly damaged. You cry out as the noose of shadows closes around your chest! Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your spirit and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

You are somewhat comforted that you have gained favor with your God and are in no danger from passing on into the Starry Road forever.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 288 minutes.

Rayvne throws her head back and howls, sounding remarkably like a real wolf!

Davius collapses a moment after Justin does.
Davius falls over. You suddenly find yourself floating upward, the light dimming slowly around you. Eventually, everything vanishes as the distance increases and you are enveloped by a sparkling panorama of brilliantly lit stars.

[The Starry Road] You find yourself walking along a road like one you have never seen before. Spread out before you is a stream of light, paved with stars and bounded by every constellation and planet you had ever seen while a mortal, only now more vibrant and somehow alive. Also in the room: The Starry Host Obvious exits: north

You walk forward, putting one foot in front of the other, wandering closer to something which never seems nearer. Time, space and distance have no meaning in this place, leaving you feeling nothing but a strange peace tempered by a prickly feeling that your destiny is not yet finished.

After what seems an eternity, you reach a gate. Before you stands a stoney-faced being who gives you a hard look before saying, "Were it not for the love of Truffenyi, your soul would be lost to the Void. Do not squander his gift." With a swift movement of his hand you suddenly feel yourself pulled back to the land of the living. The pain of a thousand battles pierces your body as around you howls a screaming sound like a snowbeast caught in a clever trap of steel and ice. The pain suddenly vanishes, replaced by a warm glow within, and you find yourself....

[Therenborough Chapel, Interior] The city's tiny chapel is a simple square room furnished with polished oak pews facing a raised altar. The small stained-glass window over the entry door casts a subdued light upon the altar, causing the embroidery on the altar cloth to sparkle with a silky bluish glow. A single brass candlestick rests in the middle of the cloth. You also see a small birch door and a curtained opening. Obvious exits: out.

You leap to your feet!

***** Justin quickly returns to the scene of the battle *****

[El'Bain's Stop, Store] Though positioned on the edge of the forest, El'Bain's Stop could easily be in the depth of the wilds. Surrounded by trees and home to many small critters, the wayside is an excellent place to rest and stock up on supplies. You also see Justinarius's grave, an ivory-hilted claymore, a store, and a small path. Also here: Doomsayer Davius who is lying down, Holy Warrior Serrin, and Fala'Jan Rayvne. Obvious paths: east, west.

Serrin fixes Davius with a frank, even stare.

You bow.

Just as you begin to dig out your grave with your bare hands, it opens up as if it was expecting you.

Davius sadly says, "He's the best man I've ever known."

Serrin nods.

Davius rises shakily to his feet.
Davius stands up.
Davius puts his scimitar away.

You bow to Davius.

You say, "On your word, sir."

Davius draws forth a scimitar.
Davius turns in your direction and salutes you with his scimitar, bringing the weapon downwards in a precise, fluid movement.

You pick up an ivory-hilted claymore.

Davius bows to you.

You sheathe your ivory-hilted claymore in the leather weapons harness.

Davius puts his scimitar away.

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

Davius stands statue still, staring at the ground.

l[El'Bain's Stop, Store] Though positioned on the edge of the forest, El'Bain's Stop could easily be in the depth of the wilds. Surrounded by trees and home to many small critters, the wayside is an excellent place to rest and stock up on supplies. You also see an opened Justinarius's grave, a store, and a small path. Also here: Doomsayer Davius, Holy Warrior Serrin, and Fala'Jan Rayvne. Obvious paths: east, west.

Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.
Davius gestures.
Davius utters a few sharp words in an arcane tongue.

You put on a jadeite gwethdesuan.
The chain snaps in two places and falls to the ground as the jadeite stones crumble into a fine powder.

You get a kyanite gwethdesuan from inside an opened Justinarius's grave.
You put on a kyanite gwethdesuan.
The chain snaps in two places and falls to the ground as the kyanite stones crumble into a fine powder.

You chuckle.

Davius frowns.

Rayvne frowns at you.

You say, "Not a concern. They don't accuse me of being overly prepared for nothing."
You smile wryly.

Rayvne smiles at you.

You say, "I have quite a collection."
You blush a bright red color.

You ask Davius, "And sir?"

Davius works carefully at tending his wounded abdomen.

Davius says, "..I.."

You say, "Only one of you gave his word. The other is always welcome back...assuming he comes alone."

Davius kneels down before you.
Davius drops his scimitar at Justin's feet.
Davius drops a scimitar.

You shake your head at Davius.
You say, "It's yours, sir."

Davius quietly says, "I could not..I couldn't stop him."

You say, "You did, sir."
You nod to Davius.

Davius quietly says, "I've failed again."

Serrin gazes at Davius.

Davius glares at a scimitar.

You pick up a scimitar.

You offer your scimitar to Davius, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

Davius frowns.

You say, "You'll need this, sir."

Davius sighs.

Davius has accepted your offer and is now holding a scimitar.
Davius puts his scimitar in his sword belt.

Davius sobs.

Davius inhales a great swallow of air.
Davius stands up.

Rayvne asks Davius, "You remember where the healer is?"

Davius says, "I.."
Davius shakes his head.
Davius says, "I would keep the blood."

Rayvne nods to Davius.

You see Doomsayer Davius Stroffin, an Elothean. He has tilted almond-shaped crystal blue eyes. His dark brown hair is short and fine, and is worn loose. He has pale skin. He is fairly young for an Elothean. He has a tattoo of a ghostly hand trapped inside a silver mirror, sinuous black strands emanate from its fingertips at his shoulders, then wind down either arm. On his right arm, the strands twist downward to his palm and come together to form an intricate grey swirl. On his left arm, the strands lighten to bone white, and then fade away on his forearm.

He has faint scuffing to the left leg, deep cuts across the abdomen.

He is wearing some mail gloves, a supple midnight blue pack embroidered with a swirl of silvery sigils and golden stars, a midnight blue cloak of finespun silk that drapes over the shoulders and trails elegantly down the back, some crow-winged dark leather boots, a shadow black viper-skin sword belt with fire-gilded buckles and fittings, a mirrored ring inset with a ruby and onyx symbol of Tezirah, a burnished ruby stud, a chain balaclava, a flowing mage's robe of shadowy black Elothean silk and a jadeite gwethdesuan.

Rayvne says, "Understood."

Davius says, "I.."
Davius gazes down at the ground.

Davius gets a polished onyx pendant surrounded by seven sparkling diamond stars from inside his blue pack.
Davius says, "I.."

You say, "We know, sir."

Davius gets a quiet, peaceful look on his face.

You nod to Davius.

Serrin nods.

Rayvne gazes thoughtfully at Davius.
Rayvne smiles.

Thin streamers of cloud float in a mostly clear sky as the sun rises high above them.

Davius sighs.
Davius works carefully at tending his wounded abdomen.

Serrin says, "What is done, is done. The future is why we live."

Davius just took the hand of Rayvne and gently kissed the back of it.
Davius hugs you.
Davius just hugged Serrin.
Davius sobs.
Davius quietly says, "I'm sorry."
Davius hangs a polished onyx pendant surrounded by seven sparkling diamond stars around his neck.

Rayvne nods to Davius.

Davius rubs his onyx pendant.
he is suddenly engulfed in a dark veil of shadows and vanishes!

Serrin slowly empties his lungs.

Rayvne frowns.
Rayvne says, "An enigma.."

Serrin says, "That's Davius."
Serrin nods.

You say, "Aye, very much so."
You say, "And quite hard on one's head. In many ways."
You run your fingers through your hair.

Rayvne says to you, "You alright, Justin? I wish we could have helped.."
Rayvne nods to you.

You say, "I'm fine. That's the only way it could possibly have ended."

Serrin says, "It would have been two more bodies."
Serrin says, "We did all we could, I'm afraid"

You say, "He had to win, but it had to be in a way where he didn't think I let him win."

Serrin sighs.

Rayvne says, "You handled him well, you'd almost calmed him for a bit there."
Rayvne nods to you.

Serrin gazes down at the ground.

Rayvne says, "Aye...it's a shame..he's too vast a power to be running wild like that."

You nod to Rayvne.

Serrin sighs.
Serrin takes a gleaming silver helm off his head.
Serrin runs his fingers through his hair.

Rayvne leans back against Serrin with a loving smile.

More clouds move in above, almost obscuring the sky completely.

ou say, "Thank you both for the help."

Rayvne nods to you.

You say, "But if you'll excuse me, I have some armor in need of serious repairs"
You smile ruefully.

Rayvne smiles.
Rayvne says, "That was a brave thing you did...thank you"
Rayvne hugs you.

Serrin bows to you.
Serrin says, "You are, Sir, most worthy, in my eyes."

Rayvne takes her rightful place beside Serrin.

You bow.

You say, "Thank you both"
You blush a bright red color.