Make your own free website on Tripod.com
Return of Turnip Rain
Once upon a time...

Well, it has been 369 years, 152 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
It is the 4th month of Shorka the Cobra in the year of the Emerald Dolphin.
It is currently summer and it is midday.

So it was once upon a particular time.

But at this particular time, at the festival for the 20th Anniversary of the
Restoration of the Bard's Guild, there was a Gor'Tog. A young Tog who had
forsaken turnips in order that Meraud would bring back Magic to the land...

[Fayrin's Rest, Telgi Mod'Sunhin]
Massive oaks extend a silver-grey canopy of leaves that fades quickly into
inkblack darkness from here to the east, north and south. The air shimmers and
whispers sibilantly of long growth and gradual decay. A few slender cedars and
elm mark the beginning of a denser forest to the west, one marked by greater
undergrowth and steeper rises. You also see a small obelisk. You also see a
footpath skirting the trees.
Obvious paths: east, southwest.

You reach out with your senses and see hazy streams of Life energy coursing
through the area.
You don't sense any spells in effect on you.
Roundtime: 8 seconds

A white wolf just wandered over from a footpath skirting the trees.
A white wolf sniffs at the air.
A white wolf sniffs at you.

[Our young tog is unable to muster enough mana to heal, and heads out looking
for better mana]

[Dragon's Breath Forest, A Dark Path]
Trees close in around you, dark shadows like angry ghosts looming sullenly in
unidentifiable shapes. A flash of movement, a rustle in the leaves, and it is
easy to understand why so many swear that this forest possesses a preternatural
sentience. Leaves, sharp like keen, straight blades, extend from the dense
underbrush to languidly stab at the air.
Obvious paths: northeast, south.

You reach out with your senses and see vague streams of Life energy coursing
through the area.
You don't sense any spells in effect on you.
Roundtime: 11 seconds

[Dragon's Breath Forest, A Dark Path]
The dark twisting forms of eerie trees curl and twine towards the sky. Gnarled
branches bearing dense leaves with sharp edges glisten with a keen edge.
Obvious paths: north, southwest.

You reach out with your senses and see flickering streams of Life energy
coursing through the area.
You don't sense any spells in effect on you.
Roundtime: 12 seconds

You close your eyes and breathe deeply, gathering energy for the External Wound
Healing spell.

A white wolf just arrived.

>look wolf
The white wolf looks just like what you would expect a white wolf to look like.

You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
You wave to a white wolf.

A white wolf sniffs at you.
You gesture.
Your left eye is considerably better.
Your left eye is completely healed of all external injury.

>beam wolf
You beam!

You close your eyes and breathe deeply, gathering energy for the Internal Wound
Healing spell.

>look wolf
The white wolf looks just like what you would expect a white wolf to look like.

The white wolf drops a large turnip.

You shriek!

[Dragon's Breath Forest, A Dark Path]
Trees close in around you, dark shadows like angry ghosts looming sullenly in
unidentifiable shapes. A flash of movement, a rustle in the leaves, and it is
easy to understand why so many swear that this forest possesses a preternatural
sentience. Leaves, sharp like keen, straight blades, extend from the dense
underbrush to languidly stab at the air. You also see an ironclad caravan with
the Carilina crate on it.
Obvious paths: northeast, south.

You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went
unobserved.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.

A white wolf just arrived dragging a large turnip.

You sneak south...

[Dragon's Breath Forest, A Dark Path]
The dark twisting forms of eerie trees curl and twine towards the sky. Gnarled
branches bearing dense leaves with sharp edges glisten with a keen edge.
Obvious paths: north, southwest.

You come out of hiding.

[Dragon's Breath Forest, A Dark Path]
Trees close in around you, dark shadows like angry ghosts looming sullenly in
unidentifiable shapes. A flash of movement, a rustle in the leaves, and it is
easy to understand why so many swear that this forest possesses a preternatural
sentience. Leaves, sharp like keen, straight blades, extend from the dense
underbrush to languidly stab at the air. You also see a large turnip and a
white wolf.
Obvious paths: northeast, south.

You ask, "Is you-wolf from Majik-Furry-God?"

A white wolf nudges the turnip toward you.
The white wolf looks just like what you would expect a white wolf to look like.

Your concentration slips for a moment, and your spell is lost.

A white wolf throws its head back and howls. A faint blue nimbus surrounds it
as the sound dies down.

You pick up a large turnip.
You exclaim, "Tog is thanks full!"
You wave to a white wolf.

>gobble my turnip
Not even your stomach is strong enough for that.

>look my turnip
You see nothing unusual.

You tap a large turnip.

You sniff at the turnip.

You ask, "Is should eat?"

You point at a large turnip you have.

A white wolf nudges at your empty hand, leaving something there before howling
once more and disappearing.

>look badge
Engraved upon the surface of the silvery badge, a wolf nudges a large turnip
toward a smiling Gor'Tog.

Mellisandre leans on you.
You put on a glittering badge in the shape of a turnip.

Mellisandre looks at you and lets out a hearty cheer on your behalf!

>eat my turnip
You can't eat that.

Sylvana says, "what was that"

You gulp.
You say, "Is was from Holy-Majik-God-Furry."

Mellisandre asks, "You-tog is with Turnip?"

>hug my turnip
I'm quite sure that the turnip appreciates the sentiment.

>eat my turnip
You can't eat that.

You put your turnip in your gold backpack.

Sylvana says, "it nudged at my hand, guess it just slobbered on me"

Mellisandre giggles.
You show Mellisandre your glittering badge.
Mellisandre beams at you! What a warm feeling!

Mellisandre hugs you.

Mellisandre says, "You are truly blessed, Fixer-tog"

Mellisandre looks at you, praising you and supporting you with her approval.
You do a happy little dance of joy!
You dance a lively jig!

You belt out, "Tog is can be with Turnip!"

Sylvana grins.

Mellisandre's face lights up with joy for you.

Mellisandre says, "That's wonderful"

You do a happy little dance of joy!
Mellisandre hugs you.
Mellisandre beams!
Mellisandre waves to you.

The turnip in your backpack suddenly smells more appetizing.

Mellisandre exclaims, "I have to journey to the city, but I'll return!"

You get a large turnip from inside your gold backpack.
You messily gobble down all of the large turnip.
You fall over. Oof!
You babble unintelligibly for a while.
Mellisandre beams at you! What a warm feeling!
You exclaim, "Is TURNIP!"
You flap your arms around, but fail to get off the ground.
You are so unbalanced you cannot manage to leap to your feet.
You sit up.
You feel a bit weak in the knees and find yourself wobbling.
You are so unbalanced you cannot manage to stand.
You kneel.
You stand back up.

Mellisandre waves to you.
You wave to Mellisandre.

Turnips rain from the sky!

[Dragon's Breath Forest, A Dark Path]
Trees close in around you, dark shadows like angry ghosts looming sullenly in
unidentifiable shapes. A flash of movement, a rustle in the leaves, and it is
easy to understand why so many swear that this forest possesses a preternatural
sentience. Leaves, sharp like keen, straight blades, extend from the dense
underbrush to languidly stab at the air. You also see a large turnip, a large
turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip, a large
turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip, a large
turnip, and a large turnip.
Obvious paths: northeast, south.

[Many turnips are gathered and stowed]

You exclaim, "Is turnip RAIN!"

>pray Tog is thanks full for Holy-Majik-Furry-God is say is can be with TURNIP!
You kneel down and begin to pray.


The delightful scent of turnips fills your nose as a distant howl echoes
faintly.

[Time passes[

Terp just arrived.
You wave to Terp.
You do a happy little dance of joy!
You exclaim, "Tog is can be with turnip!"

Terp says, "Heyo fixer-tog."
You exclaim, "Tog is can be with turnip gain!"
Terp shakes your hand.
You show Terp your glittering badge.

You unfasten the clasps holding a small case closed and carefully open its lid.
Terp asks, "Is where is gotted turnip?"
You get a plush turnip from inside your small case.
You tuck the turnip in a pocket on the inner side of the small case.
You get a large turnip from inside your small case.
You offer your large turnip to Terp, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer.
Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

Terp ponders.
Terp has accepted your offer and is now holding a large turnip.

>You say, "Is gotted badge from wolf from Holy-Furry-Majik-God."

Terp ponders.

You close the lid of a small case and fasten the clasps on each side.

Turnips rain from the sky!

>look
[Fayrin's Rest, Telgi Mod'Sunhin]
Massive oaks extend a silver-grey canopy of leaves that fades quickly into
inkblack darkness from here to the east, north and south. The air shimmers and
whispers sibilantly of long growth and gradual decay. A few slender cedars and
elm mark the beginning of a denser forest to the west, one marked by greater
undergrowth and steeper rises. You also see a small obelisk. You also see a
large turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip, a
large turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip, a
large turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip, a large turnip,
and a footpath skirting the trees.
Also here: Minstrel Terp.
Obvious paths: east, southwest.

You exclaim, "Is more rain!"

Terp says, "Turnip."
Terp does a happy little dance!

[Many more turnips are gathered and stowed]

Terp asks, "You-tog is can make turnip from sky with that-sign?"
Terp peers quizzically at you.

You say, "Tog is not thinked so."
You say, "Is from Holy-Furry-Majik-God. "

Terp says, "Oh."

You close the lid of a small case and fasten the clasps on each side.

Terp ponders.
You say, "Is lots-smart, that Holy-Majik-Furry-God."

Terp says, "Tog is should probly get someturnip-thing then."
Terp asks, "Is may be moreturnip in sky?"
You say, "Is knowed turnip is for tog."
You say, "May be."
Terp says, "Tog is sposed for go in contest."
Terp ponders.

[And with that, they go to the Festival. But that is another story]